David Kelsey has a thought provoking piece posted on Jewschool regarding the concerted effort to out anonymous blogger UnOrthodox Jew. Kelsey writes:
If you succeed in gaining traction and a significant following in the ultra-Orthodox world, [exposing haredi corruption] we [i.e., the haredi thugs, a.k.a. kanaim] will:
1) Place your picture all over the net, and make fun of how you look.
2) Fabricate in a suggestive manner unsavory details about your personal past.
3) Attack your motivations, and ignore the important issues you raise.
4) Declare you mentally insane. You must be. You are fighting against us.
5) Harass you at your business and place of work, and list your work and home telephone numbers in hopes of getting you fired and harassing you into silence.
6) Mock your wife.
7) Assert that you are not rich (even if by our own depiction, you clearly are), as this is perhaps the most damaging form of character assassination for a layman in the charedi world, where the many, many impoverished know their place.…